What is RiseVT?
RiseVT is a community collaborative to embrace healthier lifestyles, improve the quality of life and lower healthcare costs where we live, work and play.
RiseVT offers your opportunities within your community, workplace, school and daily life to embrace a healthy lifestyle. RiseVT motivates, inspires and works with individuals and families to help them make small changes in their lives that will have a big impact on their health. In addition, RiseVT has strategically placed Health Advocates around Franklin and Grand Isle to work with schools, businesses and municipalities to wrap around our residents to create an environment where the healthy choice is the easiest choice.
Why Rise VT?
Good health is the key to a happy life. Get involved for your own personal well-being, for your family, and for your future. Joining Rise VT will give you tools, support, reward and recognition for committing to healthy changes.
When did RiseVT launch?
We launched June 1, 2015. As we continue to grow as a program we’ll eventually become a state-wide initiative.
How is RiseVT funded?
RiseVT is funded through Northwestern Medical Center. We are looking into public, private partnerships and how those will play a key role in the longevity of the program.
How do I get involved?
Visit the website and take the pledge. This is your first step to getting involved with RiseVT. Eat well by focusing on fresh, health, and local foods. Move more by encouraging physical activity that fits into our lives. Stress less by slowing down, think deeply and enjoy life. Be tobacco free by freeing yourself from smoking and open doors to better health. Nurture connections with community spirit, collaboration, volunteering, fellowship. These connections enrich our lives.
Can I find you on social media?
We sure are!
Who is eligible to join?
Rise VT targets five groups to most effectively reach deep into our community:
- Businesses – building innovative, flexible work-site wellness programming
- Schools – tapping into the energy and spirit of our teachers, nurses and children
- Childcares- committed to and actively creating healthy environments for their children
- Municipalities – creating healthy environments and policy change to support them
- Individuals – creating sustainable change through health coaching
Are there financial costs affiliated with getting involved?
There are no direct financial costs affiliated with getting involved in RiseVT.
What issues does RiseVT address?
RiseVT’s works collaboratively with community organizations to make the healthiest choice the easiest choice. Rise VT aims to lift the health and wellbeing of Franklin and Grand Isle residents. It serves as a support system for the community in wellness by working with current community organizations, schools, activities, and resources while celebrating everyone involved.
How much time do we have to commit when we take the pledge?
By taking the pledge you “pledge to become a Rise Vermonter and learn about simple lifestyle changes I can make that I know will give me lasting benefits to my health and well-being.” From there, the time commitment is up to you. We can connect you with other opportunities to engage with RiseVT including:
- Finding your RiseVT Score – a starting place for you to begin your journey to better health. By finding out your score, you will be entered into a monthly drawing for a $50 Hannafords Supermarket Gift Card. Click here to access your RiseVT Scorecard.
- Talking to our RiseVT Health Coach at email@example.com. Together you can discuss your goals for health, raise your RiseVT Score by connecting you with local resources and understand your current health status by completing a Health Snapshot.
- And more!
Is my scorecard confidential?
Yes, if you choose to take our individual scorecard we do not release any of the information. We take your health goals very seriously and value privacy for our Risers.
What kind of resources does RiseVT have to offer?
Once you take the pledge and complete the scorecard you will get an automatic response from us. From there, you choose where you want to go with RiseVT.
Talk to our RiseVT Health Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together you can discuss your goals for health, raise your RiseVT Score by connecting you with local resources and understand your current health status by completing a Health Snapshot.
- Follow us on social media
- Get your employer, school or town involved by following up with our RiseVT Coordinator at email@example.com
- Find local resources, trails and paths that you may not not know about and enjoy all that Franklin and Grand Isle has to offer via our healthy way-points map.
What kind of events does RiseVT have to offer?
RiseVT loves to amplify events across the region. You will often find us at some of you favorite local events across the region with our smoothie bikes and RiseVT swag to help you start your journey to a healthier you.
How does RiseVT keep track of progress or do I keep track for myself?
A combination of the two! One way to keep track is the score card. However, if you need more guidance we can put you in contact with our health coaches to make sure you are staying on track and keeping up with healthy lifestyle changes.
Is RiseVT statewide?
Our focus area is Franklin and Grand Isle counties. We are in the early stages of developing how this would go state-wide.
Where is RiseVT headquarters?
We are located at:
133 Fairfield Street
St. Albans, Vermont 05478